2017 PAVO Elections Update ~ Nominations for Director-at-Large Being Accepted
by Tammy Dotson, Interim Director, PAVO Board of Directors
CORRECTION: The PAVO Elections related article in the March/April 2017 edition of The Official Word incorrectly stated that nominations are being accepted for a Board Delegate position. It should have stated that nominations are being accepted for a Director-at-Large position.
The PAVO Board of Directors will hold its annual election in August and would like to remind you that nominations are being accepted for the board position of Director-at-Large. The position is currently held by Mr. Donnie Goodwin who has served the organization and membership in that capacity for the maximum two consecutive terms allowed. The PAVO Board of Directors (Board) consists of twelve (12) positions, and the two (2) Director-at-Large members are elected to serve staggered terms of three (3) years. This position is elected to serve a three-year term, 2018-2020.
Directors-at-Large serve a critical role in the overall governance and structure of PAVO. In addition to the general duties and responsibilities of all members of the PAVO Board of Directors, specific duties of a PAVO Director-at-Large include:
- Solicit concerns, issues, questions, opinions, and feedback from Members and Affiliated Boards.
- Represent Member perspectives to the Board.
- Communicate regularly with Affiliated Board leadership to ensure local compliance with PAVO procedures, policies, and guidelines.
- As requested by the President, assist in planning and organizing the PAVO annual convention to ensure its programs, meetings, and activities broadly benefit Members.
- Write articles for the PAVO newsletter as requested by the President.
- Ensure consistent and timely communication of pertinent information to Members and Affiliated Boards.
- Assist with special projects assigned by the President.
- Support other Directors with program-related projects.
- Report on activities at least annually to the Board.
- Perform such other relevant functions as requested by the Board or as necessary or appropriate to advance PAVO goals and purposes.
Nominations are being accepted through July 30, an extension of the previously announced July 5 date. PAVO members may nominate themselves or another member by submitting a volleyball résumé and a letter of application indicating why the candidate would be a good board member. Nominations must be submitted to Julie Voeck, President, via email (email@example.com). Questions about the nomination process or election may be directed to Tammy Dotson (firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-796-5754).
Current PAVO members can vote now through August 31 (at 11:59 PM Central).