PAVO has adopted a set of standards for behavior on the part of its members, and those standards are detailed in the 2022 Code of Ethical and Professional Conduct and the 2022 Conditions of Membership. Become familiar with each of the required documents and be sure you understand these general principles:
2022 Code of Ethical and Professional Conduct
2022 Conditions of Membership and Waivers
- Officials are free from bias, are impartial, and render neutral decisions.
- Officials avoid a conflict of interest or situations that may create the perception that there is a conflict of interest.
- Officials treat other officials with dignity and respect.
- Officials always seek self-improvement.
- Officials do not condone or participate in activities that unfairly limit access to participants based on age, gender, race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, language, and socioeconomic status.
- Officials do not fraternize with coaches, players, spectators, event administrators, or other participants.
- Officials do not exploit or misuse their power for personal gain, to give unfair advantage to certain individuals, or harm other officials' careers and opportunities.
- Officials do not engage in sexual harassment.
- Officials do not use illegal substances of any kind.
- Officials do not engage in physical, verbal, or emotional harassment, or abusive words or actions.
Direct questions to Miki Kennedy, Member Services, PAVO Central Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 855-914-8225.