PAVO offers individuals three ways to become members. Additionally, we offer local officials' organizations the opportunity to join via affiliation as a member board.
2019 Individual Memberships and Dues
Individuals who agree to the PAVO Code of Ethical and Professional Conduct, the PAVO Conditions of Membership, and payment of the appropriate membership fee may join PAVO.
- The term of any individual PAVO membership is 1 year (June 1 to May 31).
- PAVO late fee starts July 1; late fee is $45.00.
- Affiliated Boards may also assess a late fee and may require membership registration prior to July 1 to avoid the Affiliated Board late fee.
Members may join in one of the following membership categories.
- Standard Membership
A membership option that allows an individual to be eligible for certification* as a referee, line judge, and/or scorer. Standard members join PAVO through an Affiliated Board. The current cost of an annual membership for Standard members (including mandatory annual NCAA Central Hub registration dues and Affiliated Board dues) is:
- Associate Membership
A membership option that allows an individual to be eligible for certification* only as a line judge or scorer. Associate members join PAVO through an Affiliated Board. The current cost of an annual membership for Associate members (including mandatory annual NCAA Central Hub registration dues and Affiliated Board dues) is:
- Affiliate Membership
A membership option for an individual interested in, or supportive of, PAVO affairs and who is ineligible for any certification. Affiliate members receive PAVO communications and newsletters. Affiliate members join PAVO directly, so please contact Miki Kennedy in the Central Office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 855-914-8225) for more details.
* Membership (Standard, Associate, or Affiliate) in PAVO or any Affiliated Board does not guarantee match assignments or attainment of any referee, line judge, or scorer certification.
A volleyball officiating organization may affiliate with PAVO as an Affiliated Board and register Standard and Associate individual members of PAVO if the organization fulfills the following minimum requirements and such other requirements as the PAVO Board of Directors may establish from time to time:
- Meet the qualifications set forth in the PAVO Handbook for Affiliated Board Chairs.
- Provide training for volleyball officials.
- Provide opportunities for Members to receive PAVO ratings and certification.
- Complete reports required by PAVO.
Direct questions to Miki Kennedy, Member Services, PAVO Central Office at email@example.com or (855) 914-8225.
Direct technical questions to PAVOhelp@gmail.com.